Experiments are fun!
From dress up to our makeup, from hues of hair colors to pop up lip colors, we love them, don’t we?!
Similarly, when it is about the kind of hair we have, at times we love to curl it. How to straighten curly hair is most of all a problem. Oftentimes, we condition it and many times we love to straighten it. All is in a mood, right!
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/341NuHp
That is exactly the story I am taking you in with, in this article. Bringing you a list of the best five (without a rank order) flat iron straighteners, eg., the babyliss pro straightener, bio ionic flat iron and others.
Overview (in a box)
- What is a flat iron straightener?
- How is a flat iron straightener beneficial to you?
- What should you keep in mind before purchasing a flat iron straightener?
- The best ways to use a flat iron hair straightener and the precautions that come with it
Our review of the 5 best flat iron hair straighteners:
- BaByliss nano titanium ultra thin straightening iron
- Bio Ionic 10x pro styling iron, 1 inch
- T3 – singlepass luxe 1 inch professional straightening and styling iron
- GHD platinum + hair straightener, ceramic flat iron professional hair styler
- CROC classic nano-titanium flat iron black hair straightener
- Few tips
- Our recommendation
What is a flat iron straightener?
Did you know?
Isaac K.Shero patented the first flat iron straightener in 1909.
It is a device made of two plates, used to straighten your hair. The plates vary in size and the kind of material used to make them. Generally, ceramic plates are quite in fashion! The layers can easily vary from one coating to multiple coats.
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3kF4WIq
How is a flat iron straightener beneficial to you?
As for me, even though I have straight wavy hair, I love straightening.
It sort of gives me that professional glossy “straight” finish, which is attractive.
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/2HsSw85
For many of my curly hair friends, the matter of how to straight curly hair, how to take care of curly hair, is always a concern. They have tried many hair straightening products, some have had profound results but some were a waste of money. Steam hair straighteners heat your hair with their iron plates and helps to give you straight hair or better shaped curls, as anyone desires.
Let’s see the reasons below –
- Gives you sleek and smooth hair
- Glam-up your look
- Whether wavy curls, frigid curls or strictly straight hair, results are refined!
- Experimental because some flat irons can also be used to make curls. Did you know?
- Go for a straight bangs, wavy strands look, if you may.
- Fun arm workout? Oh yes!
What should you keep in mind before purchasing a flat iron straightener?
I was in middle school quite naive and unaware of the right facts, I ended up buying a flat iron that looked fashionable and stylish. I hardly cared about its heat or hair type properties.
My family ran on a low budget those days and that expensive purchase created a ruckus at home.
The next scene, well hardly do I need to tell?
Years have gone by and different kinds of flat iron straighteners have been made. While keeping in mind, consumer preferences, budget friendliness and much more.
The factors that should be considered are:
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3mSN5zG
Some flat irons can also be used as a curler. If you love curling at times, assuming you don’t have natural curls, keep this in mind.
Which brings me to my next point – how to know which flat iron straightener can curl.
Round and little curvy outer edges help in easy turns and glide for creating curls.
Size of the hair
Buy small width iron if you have short hair and a bigger width size one, if you have long or voluminous hair. It’s all about how you can manage, isn’t it?
Small sized irons are easy to carry, pocket friendly. Likewise, cordless flat irons are hassle free from charging them.
Also if you like less weight ones, go for small light flat irons!
If you want to possess a flat hair iron that works effectively on both, wet and dry hair, that is also available.
Material of the iron
Ceramic made flat irons are ideal for frizzy hair. The tourmaline works more or less like the ceramic one. If you have thick coarse hair, like my best friend, she opted for the titanium built and it works wonders for her hair.
Ceramic iron plates have an even heat distribution while titanium built flat irons have a quicker heat generation.
Ions are very beneficial for easy and equitable heat distribution, therefore, tourmaline built are good for damaged hair.
Teflon, comes with a non-stick coating and does a profound job for frizzy hair.
Did you know?
Intelligent flat irons come with heat sensors that maintain the level of heat generated. It understands the levels of heat generation and maintains the level, after excess of heat production.
Just like some air conditioners which come with intelligent cooling, They go into sleep mode while still active, once the cooling of a room reaches the suitable level. Thereafter, once the room temperature starts increasing, it switches on automatically.
Cures your hair problems
Yes, some flat iron straighteners are built-in with infrared technology. They can help restore damaged hair.
If you prefer, high heat, then go for the irons that have high heat ranges.
If you prefer to work in less heat, then select one that has less heat extremities. You will learn more about that in the next section. Don’t worry and enjoy the journey.
There are a variety of good flat iron straighteners, from different ranges.
The price of each though, depends on the kind of service it provides you. And, on what you’re looking for.
Just like a good buy lasts long, a branded product will last you a little more than a local one; there are plenty to choose depending on what you want from your flat iron.
A combination of that will help you to make a purchase!
Don’t you worry, there are some more interesting features ahead, like intelligent auto-off!
Auto shut-off switch
Yet another intelligent function to look out for.
Iron rods, with this switch, aids to shut down your iron, if kept for too long thereby reducing the chances of accidents.
Style and design
Oh here we go! The blunder I had done as a child. Read about it?
If not, go on to “how to choose the best kind of flat iron straightener?”.
If you’re someone, like me, who loves the outlook and presentation of products, see around for pretty many great looking flat irons. They come in bright pretty colors to nude and black and white too. Additionally, there are cute designed rods too!
One of the important features. A good grip prevents any accidents and helps to iron well, with strong control.
Arm workout anyone?
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3cCQHRG
But yes, they do make for a great arm workout tool.
You would know if you try one. It is hilarious!
Do give a try, come back and let us know.
The best ways to use a flat iron hair straightener and the precautions that come with it
- Shampoo and condition very well. Irrespective of the kind of hair you have, always prep it very nicely before using a flat iron straightener.
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3j1zvYg
- Iron through parting your hair, make sections and partitions and be patient.
You can watch the video below, to learn more about it.
- Track the temperature constantly if you’re using the iron for a long time , at a stretch.
- Using a thermal protectant application helps to lock your hair moisture and prevents overtly drying.
They come in liquid and spray form. Use any, as of choice. If you have a serum, spread it generously on the hair strands, not on the scalp.
Also, argan oil comes as a great help to do the same job efficiently.
- Use only straighteners that have the feature of being used on wet hair, strictly! The one which does not have that property, use on completely dry hair.
- Be careful with your hands. Don’t rush in it! Be patient and straighten or curl, carefully.
Our review of the best 5 flat iron hair straighteners –
This flat iron can be used to create perfect straight hair, as well as curls. It is made up of ceramic and titanium, the plate width is broad to 5 inches.
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3hZZ4aL
- Gives you ultra smooth straight hair than most irons available
- It ensures a long lasting result
- Easy to create loose curly waves
- Wider coverage area
- Heat conduction surface is smooth, therefore, glides easily
- An extensive heat range, upto 450°F.
- Travel friendly because of it’s small size
- The ions generation protects your hair from any possible damage
- Corrosion resistance
- 35-40 times faster ironing ability
- It suits well to all hair types
- Quite light weighted
- Easy to handle
- Extra thin
- Effective to cover wider hair sections
- Doesn’t get uber warm because of it’s cool ryton housing
- Hairstyle will last all through the day
- Its high heat generated in one go makes the handle heated up
- Because of the long length of the iron handle, it becomes somewhat difficult to control it.
- It doesn’t have an auto shut off button
- It sits a little more on the pricier side
- You cannot determine its warm up time
- You will not be able to preset the heat setting or timer
- Gets rusted easily
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/2G05tWv
From the collection Luxe Pro styling collection. It comes with a 1inch plate width. It stands out because of the infusion of volcanic rock minerals.
Go through the video to know the advantages of this iron.
- It infuses the moisture deep into your hair strands, up to your roots
- Locks in the hair moisture
- Results in very bright shinier outside
- The iron plates are very high in positive ions
- Volcanic rock ions enriches your hair
- It has a vibrating handle
- Gives you styled hair under a maximum 10 minutes
- It has a good grip handle
- Arm movement is fatigue less and easy
- The temperature number display is always on, therefore ease of seeing and control.
- Has an auto shut off switch, prevents danger.
- Works well on fine and thick hair too
- The iron is not ideal for coarse hair type beauties.
- For some people the handle vibration worked. While, for some, it didn’t.
- The iron plates hardly clam the hair from root to tip
- Plates are kind of closed half way. Therefore, they don’t open very widely.
- It is narrow, therefore, the coverage is limited
- Some customers had a concern about its static movement.
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3cxOBCg
The iron plates are ceramic built. It has therma touch technology. With adjustable temperature settings, can be put to use for smooth, straight, wavy and curly hair.
Watch the video below to learn some quick easy steps to get silky straight hair using the iron.
- Enabled easy re-straightening with only few touch ups
- Easy glide, thus, reducing hair strands breakage
- The design is luxurious and pretty. It has rhinestones on the handle
- Gives you softer and shinier hair
- Holds straightened hair under humid temperatures too
- Dual voltage availability
- Shaping waves is pretty easy
Watch the video on how to do so
- An easy and faster one-pass styling
- Eliminates hair frizziness
- It has a 1 hour auto shutdown
- The 360° swivel cord gives hassle free tangling
- Suitable for everyday use
- Budget friendly
- Easy to handle
- Long lasting
- Doesn’t drag your hair
- Doesn’t clamp in your hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Doesn’t come with a plate guard, therefore, packing becomes little difficult
- Some find it difficult to maneuver for curling
- For some, the control on switches and controls were an issue. The on and off button is placed in a difficult place, thus, the way of gripping can probably set it off.
- For some, the heat dial becomes too short to see clearly
- Not long lasting enough, for some customers
- Sudden malfunction leads to sudden stoppage
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3kRijoL
The first of its kind, the company’s first smart hair straightener.
How is it smart?
It aims to intelligently predict each individual’s hair needs and work accordingly. Therefore, delivering you personalized results.
Also, comes from an award winning hair styling company.
- For colored hair, the flat iron gives you 2x color protection than others
- Very comfortable for all hair types
- The heat monitoring is more than 250 times every second
- Universal voltage allows for ease of plug in and operating it anywhere, literally.
- It’s uniquely built wishbone hinge shall give you hassle free versatile styling, like professionals call for!
- Ceramic built iron plates provides heat protection
- It has an automatic sleep mode that switches on, after half an hour.
- Comes with a heat resistant protective guard, therefore, easy to pack for travel.
- Offers a one stroke straightening effectivity
- Especially great for curly hair
- The fuse failures have been experienced by many customers
- The seam of the plastic casing plate may trap your finer hair strands. Therefore, makes hair styling little problematic.
- It’s manual control over the heat settings is very limited
- Some people advocate that the older models were better
- There are no settings for temperature increase or decrease
- It lays a notch higher on the expensive side
Image courtesy: https://bit.ly/3j4V8H5
A flat iron built of ceramic-titanium iron plates. The size of the plate is 1.5 inches. It has 100% titanium silver plates.
- The flat iron increases the shine in your hair
- One of the fastest heating iron
- If unattended for long, while in use, it brings down temperature
- The ceramic heaters provide you continuous heat flow, also enabling heat recovery.
- Brings you the most advanced ceramic technology
- It has a cool tip
- Easy grip to handle hand curvature
- It suits well to those who have straight hair
- Specially designed in a way to conserve energy
- Dual voltage capacity
- Temperature option ranges from 280°F to 450°F
- Seals in your hair moisture
- Swivel cord makes it easy to handle
- It allows you maximum straightening
- With one stroke, you can have smooth, straight and glossy finish
- It has a digital temperature display
- Advanced nano-silver technology helps in – sterilization and deodorization
- The iron works 60% faster than the many other flat iron straighteners
- It can show sudden errors, in temperature control or heat up
- May suddenly stops working
What is our verdict?
Let’s cut to the chase, the clear winner, among all (would be your favourite too!) the BaByliss Nano Titanium Ultra Thin Straightening Iron.
It successfully fulfills almost every aspect that one should be aware of, before purchasing a flat iron straightener.
From sleek straight locks to wavy curls, it’s edges perform well, with an easy handle grip. Small but sturdy! Never gets too hot because of its cool ryton technology. Affordable, ultra-thin and cute flat iron straightener. One that gives you hairstyles that lasts all day long.
What more can we ask for, isn’t it?
It has a very high thermal range, upto 450°F. While also having a corrosion resistive technology. Perfectly streamlines your hair with a power of 40 times faster hair ironing. The only blank space is that it doesn’t have an auto shut-off button. If that was there, it would have been like, as we say, the cherry on top of the cake.
We loved the product and this is our verdict. Give it a try next time and let us know your experience, we are all ears!